I do have a prayer request, though. I learned at my appointment today that my platelet count has been a little lower than what the doctors would like to see. This isn't a problem except for that the platelets are what makes your blood clot. So...the concern for me is that, if my platelet count drops below 100, I won't be able to have an epidural. The first count that she had (I believe was July 12th) my platelet count was 170, then it dropped to 124, and on Monday they were up a little at 129. I'm still not super worried because I'm not too far below where they want them to be (150), and I have climbed a little in the past few weeks. But it is something to pray about. I believe that this is just another chance for me to learn (a hard lesson for me that I have to learn over and over again) that I need to give my worries and fears over to the Lord. He has a perfect plan for the delivery of this baby and will give me just what I need to make it through.
I was so excited as I left the doctors office today! I hit a few garage sales on the way home and was very excited to see Seth and Hannah. It's been nice to be able to get my own water, make food for my family again, and just do normal things. I couldn't decided if I wanted to go out and do fun things today or catch up on all the work/cleaning that I have fallen behind on...so I did a little bit of both. We went to several garage sales this morning, then Seth took Hannah and I out to Chili's for lunch. We came back for her nap, I worked in the nursery for a little bit (it's starting to look little boy ready!!) and then headed out to get my hair cut. We ended the day with a family movie night...it was a GREAT day!!
I love to garage sale and just have to tell you about the deals that I found at just one of the sales we hit today! We spent $30 and got:
- a small climber with slide for the backyard (Hannah too big for it, but still had fun playing on it today, and I know that by the end of next summer her little brother will be enjoying it too!)
- a whole pile of super cute baby boy outfits and hats
- a second umbrella stroller that perfectly matches the one we already have for Hannah
- and I'm most excited because I found cloth diapers! I've been reading online and searching for what to purchase (we didn't start cloth with Hannah until she was 6 mo) for our newborn. Well today...I got ALL of my cloth diapering needs for a newborn for LESS than the cost of ONE box of diapers!! Diaper covers and prefolds...all I have to do is get them washed up and we are good to go!!
YAY for good deals and a wonderful day up and out with with my family!
I just had to throw in this adorable picture of Hannah...this is how we all feel about Mommy being off bed rest!!!


1 comment:
YAY!! THAT IS GREAT NEWS! I am so glad you have found more cloth diapers too! I am on the look out for more too :)
Post a Comment