Yikes! A hard pill for me to swallow. I know that God has something good to teach me through this...and that it's probably his way of making me slow down...but still just a hard reality to process.
I went to the doctor yesterday. There were a few things happening out of the normal (I'll spare you the details :)) that caused the doctors to check a few other things. She found several signs of pre-term labor (again, I'll spare you all the details) but she did find that I was 1 cm dilated and once she hooked me up to the monitor she also found that I was having contractions (2 within a half hours time). As the visit went on, she got more serious with me about what "taking it easy" would mean for me. At first she just talked about having some help with my toddler, then to staying on the couch, then to not leaving the house unless I was leaving for doctors appointment.
I will say, I cried a lot yesterday...but the more time that I have to accept this and process it, the better I'm doing. I'm going to try to make the best use of my time here on the couch. I've enjoyed some quiet playtime with Hannah, have read some magazines, talked on the phone to several of my very wonderful and encouraging friends, and done some reading. I know that it's just going to have to be just one day at a time for me. The thought of laying on my left side for 6 weeks makes me want to cry...but one day at a time is much more manageable. As the doctor was leaving the room yesterday, I told her that I was leaving there to go teach Bible study (I was scheduled to be there in just a few minutes) and then I would go home. She looked at me and said "you won't be going to teach Bible study...go to the church and tell them you're on bed rest...doctors orders, then go home." Seth took the kiddos and Darlene (who was going to be with the kiddos) taught the study for me. Pray with me on how I am going to get all of my responsibilities covered while I'm "resting".
Your prayers are coveted...here are a few other things to be praying about:
- most importantly, the baby. We want to do what is best for him, and I know that in the end this will all be worth it! Pray for full development and that he won't come until I am full term (the doctor said that she would be happy to get me to 37 weeks)
- pray for my self-control. I am VERY thankful to be at home and glad to not have to have my bed rest in the hospital like I know many have....but at the same time the home is my "work place". It's very hard to sit here and look around seeing all that needs to be done.
Not to mention, I'm just not a sit-still kinda gal. :) - pray for my dear husband. This puts one more thing on his plate. He has been a wonderful help so far...but I know this puts more stress on him...pray that God will give him the strength and energy that he needs and teach him some valuable lessons through this too.
- and finally as I mentioned before, please pray that all of my responsibilities at church will be covered and I will have the wisdom to know who to ask to help.
On a happy note...I would like to end my post with the many blessings that I have received in just the past day and a half.
- First of all, my husband has been wonderful. He helped so much with Hannah yesterday and today. Today, he worked from home and was available for us any time we needed him. (He's out walking with her right now while she rides her bike to let off some energy)
- I am also so thankful for godly friendships. I've spent much of my time the past few days on the phone with friends (and family) who care for me so much. They have really helped lighten my spirits and encourage my heart. My friend Rachel was a God-send today. She went to the grocery to get much needed toilet paper and also picked up some meat that would be easy for Seth to throw on the grill for meals. When she got here..she had lunch for all 3 of us and then vacuumed downstairs and cleaned the kitchen...what a gem she is! We've already been blessed by friends who have brought us meals...I am just overwhelmed!
- I'm thankful for my cozy home...for our air conditioning, the smell of burning candles, and the picture window in my living room that I can look out from.
- I'm thankful for the Internet, my laptop, and wireless internet so that I can lay on the couch and play online like I like to do.
- I'm thankful for this trial and for God's perfect plan for my life. I'm getting to practice some of the things that I'm learning through my Bible study. God is always good AND always sovereign. What about God am I going to consider when I find myself in a difficult situation?
1 Peter 5:7 "humble yourselves, therefore, under the mighty hand of God so that at the proper time he may exalt you, casting all anxiety on him, because He cares for you."
Psalm 46:10 "Be still and know that I am God"
Psalm 139:13 "For you formed my inwards parts, you knitted me together in my mothers womb." - praising God for the little baby that he is knitting together inside of me right now!


No comments:
Post a Comment