I had a doctors appointment today that felt like it would never come. Although we were at the office for a while, the appointment went pretty quick. Praise the Lord everything looked really good and I haven't progressed at all since last week. So then of course my question was...what about this bed rest thing?! The bummer is...she still wants me on bed rest...but the good news is...just for one more week. She said to keep doing what I'm doing, and once I get to 37 weeks I'm good to go back to normal.
I do have some very good things to look forward to for week two of bed rest though. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law are here with their sweet little baby boy (they arrived this afternoon) and will be here for the weekend. Then, my sister will be coming with her little guy on Sunday and will be here until Wednesday. I'm very grateful that I will have company while I lay on the couch, I can watch my nephews play, and my sisters are here to help Seth out. So hopefully, that will make the week go quickly. I am feeling tempted to slack on the laying on the couch thing...so could still use prayers for self control, and obviously, keep praying for the baby. The doctor said today that if he can stay in there for one more week than we are less likely to run into problems with jaundice and lungs that aren't fully developed.
I was telling a friend today, in the whole scheme of things two weeks isn't that long at all...but when you're in the middle of it...it sure does feel like a long time. I'm thankful for the lessons that God is teaching me through this and hope and pray that He is molding me to be more like Him.
Friday, August 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment