Monday, August 9, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday: August 9th

The weather in my neck of the woods:
mid 80's and cloudy....they say thunderstorms are coming

Things that make me happy:

the blessing of friendship

Books I'm reading:Don't Make Me Count to Three by: Ginger Plowman
Potty Train your Child in Just one Day: by Teri Crane

What I'm enjoying on TV:even on bed rest I'm not watching much tv....looking forward to borrowing Anne of Green Gables from a friend this week

On the menu for dinner:left overs from some wonderful meals sent to us from friends

On my To Do List:
well...even on bed rest I have a little bit of a list
-sort out expired coupons
-sort through both recipe boxes-write out recipes for Jessica's shower
-continue catching up Hannah's baby book

New Recipe I tried or want to try soon:
Hawaiian meatloaf (a yummy summer meatloaf recipe)
Jerk Chicken Nachos
In the craft basket:

hairbows

Looking forward to this week:
going to the doctor...sound funny? Just looking forward to getting an update and seeing if there is an end in sight for this bed rest thing

Tips and Tricks:if you like lemon...add to your water...it sure has been helping me get my daily dose of water in (who says it has to be just a treat for the restaurant?).

My favorite blog post this week: Lovin' the short and practical tips over at Today's Housewife check out 31 Days to build a better home. Today is Day 9: Do Something Nice for a Neighbor

No words needed (favorite photo or picture, yours or others you want to share):
Lesson learned the past few days:
Align CenterBeing reminded of God's sovereign plan over my life. His plans are not always mine and are always good! I'm also learning to ask for help and be willing to accept it when it's offered or given. :)

On my mind:
Praying our little guy will stay put for a few more weeks. Praying for a fully developed, healthy, and happy baby. Also realizing that delivery day isn't that far away...praying for a quick and safe delivery.
Thanking God for the blessing of our church family and also my dear friends that have been so great to help with Hannah and bring us meals.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Loving and claiming Psalm 121

"I lift my eyes up to the hills,
From where does my help come?
My help comes from the LORD
who made heaven and earth.
He will not let your foot be moved;
He who keeps you will not slumber.
Behold, he who keeps Israel
will neither slumber nor sleep.
The LORD is your keeper;
The LORD is the shade on your right hand.
The sun shall not strike you by day,
nor the moon by night.
The LORD will keep you from evil;
he will keep your life.
The LORD will keep your going out and your coming in
from this time forth and forevermore."

4 comments:

Sandra said...

Hope you're having a great Monday and I know that bed rest can't be fun, but hang in there :)

Love the pic :)

cassandrasmom said...

It's so funny that you should post about putting lemon in your water so that you would drink it more...I had the same thought this morning because I am not drinking enough water.

Jen said...

Psalm 121 is one of my favorite passages.

I pray everything goes well for your upcoming new arrival. Many blessings to you and your family.

Sherrie said...

Hi!
Your picture is cute. She looks very happy. Have a great day!

Sherrie
Food for Thought