Monday, June 22, 2009

Lake Ann Camp

Last week, we took the kids up to Lake Ann Camp. Seth, Hannah and I had the privilege of staying the week too. It was such a blessing! It was great to be there with the kids, to celebrate their decision with them, and help them connect their camp experience with home. The best part was being there when Kim got saved. She came and found us right away to share the good news. We could see an immediate transformation in her life...so exciting!
Hannah did great. She traveled really well. I was so thankful to have Fiona sitting next to her in the van on the way up and back. Fiona played with her and kept her entertained...it was great! We stayed in a little cabin right at the camp. We were thankful for the comfy bed and for having a bathroom right in our cabin. Lake Ann reminded us a lot of our Skyview days. Ken Riley, the director, reminds us a lot of Bill...brought back fond memories. Lake Anns philosophy of ministry is also very much the same, so it's definitely a place that we are excited to take our teens and kids too. Seth and I enjoyed the family time together, getting to pop in on the kids during some of their activities and chapel, gettting to talk to their counselors, some time for relaxation, and getting to fellowship with other youth pastors and thier wives. Such an encouraging week!
I have pictures of the teens and kids, but will save those for later. Here are pictures of our family from the week:

My future camper...

Camping is hard work

a day at the beach. We put Hannah's feet in the water...but was too cold for her. We had fun watching the juniors play water game and just enjoying the sunshine.

trading hats with Daddy

I LOVE this picture. We had lots of open space to blow bubbles...one of Hannah's favorite things!

simple pleasures

Hannah's favorite part of camp was hands down the petting farm, Acorn Acres. We went almost everyday after lunch. We would tell her that we were going to see the animals. The whole way there she would say "aaaannnimals" very loudly...the workers could hear her coming. She was just SO excited!

Her favorite animals were the chickens and the chicks.


she loved to chase the chicken


Seth and the Llama...luckily he didn't make it on the "spit list"


Oh my...this is SO exciting!

We went to "Moomers" which was voted by Good Morning America as the best icecream in America. Hannah ate an icecream cone all by herself for the first time. Of course she has had icecream before, but she got the whole cone to herself! She did great! She licked it and bit around the sides. When the cone got towards the bottom and was getting a little soggy, I helped her finish the ice cream with the spoon and then she ate the rest of the cone...nothing left...she loved it!




Everytime she eats an icecream cone she says and signs "COLD". It's too cute!


Well..this has gotten to be a pretty long post, and it's after midnight. I still have more pictures to share...but I think we'll save those for tomorrow.

2 comments:

Kristi said...

You got some great pictures!!! Sounds like a fantastic week!!

I love the sign for "cold," too... they look so cute signing it!! :)

Thanks for putting my button up, by the way... and I love your new background! :)

becky said...

Kristi...it was a fantastic week, made us miss our skyview days for sure!