It's kinda a bummer to be away from our own Father's on Fathers Day, but with it being on a Sunday, it's just not really possible to be with them. We are very thankful for our church family, who are like our family away from home. We were able to spend Father's Day with the Mikels and the Stanely's, which was such a blessing. Scott & Kelly made a delicious steak dinner, and Kelly made strawberry pie for dessert..what a treat! We had dinner and then spent most of the afternoon on the back deck fellowshipping and watching the children play. 
bocce ball
Unfortunately, this was the only picture I got of Hannah and Daddy all day. Good thing I have lots other good daddy/daughter pictures.
Hannah and Gavin...they are both very fond of each other...and are so cute together
They brought out the towel to protect bottoms from splitters...but Hannah and Gavin decided to take a 3 second rest on it...I was quick enough to snap a picture :)
This is the picture that Hannah took for Daddy..he has it in his office now :)
I would be remiss if I blogged about Father's Day without talking about our own Dads too. I am so thankful for both of them. I love my Dad very much and thank God for his godly example in my life. He was a great provider for our family growing up, and never once complained about going to work. He did so many fun things with us, and always played with us. Even now, he stays as involved in our lives as he can. I love him so much!
I'm also thankful for a wonderful father-in-law. He always makes me a laugh and is another godly example in my life. I appreciate the advice that he gives, his sense of humor, and generosity.
I thank God for the men in my life, and that Hannah has such wonderful examples too. She sure loves her Daddy, Pop, and Papa.


1 comment:
Adorable pics. It is great to take time to remember how much we love our hubbies and remember not to take them for granted.
Post a Comment