
As I've mentioned before...I love reading Kristi's blog. Every Friday she does Free Fun Fridays on her blog. We are going to participate for the first time. :) To see more free and fun activities for your friday check out http://runwatchplaywait.blogspot.com/.
Today I'll share 2 ideas...one activity and one craft...both can be done with materials you have around the house!
Fun with a paper towel roll!
Hannah loves to play a game with a scarf and paper towel roll. I stuff the scarf inside and then she has fun pulling it through. This game is great for babies 6-12 months. It's good for hand-eye coordination, fine motor development, and the babies love to see something appear and disappear!
For more fun with a paper towel...use it like a horn or a megaphone. March around the house or just dance making music!
I can't resist sharing a free craft idea as well. One of the many favorite activities when I taught kindergarten was making fabric collages. We did a whole unit for science on fabric. We learned about the different kinds of fabric. We made feely boxes. The kids had to put thier hands in the box and without looking pick out two matching fabrics. They loved exploring the different textures and feels and learning about all the different kinds of fabric. To help them learn more about the texture and feel of fabric we made fabric collages. I just had tons of different scraps of fabric and let them go to town cutting and pasting them. Some made abstract collages while others created pictures with different shapes that they cut out. It was neat to see how creative they would get!


1 comment:
Thanks for the great ideas, Becky! I'm looking forward to read more from you in the future... Hannah's blessed to have a mommy who knows what she's doing with kid stuff!! :)
Post a Comment