Monday, November 16, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods: I think that our warm spell is ending. It was very cool today and cloudy, I think the high was suppose to be in the low 50's.

One of my simple pleasures: A warm cup of coffee w/ flavored creamer

On my bedside table: "For Women Only" and "For Men Only". I'm reading through "Just for Her" and my husband already finished "Just for Him" days ago...he has me beat. It's made for some good conversations :)

On my TV: Off again.

On the menu for tonight: Hot Italian Sausage Soup & Pizza Sandwiches

On my to do list: pampered chef stuff, change bed sheets, start laundry, sort through clothes to give away

New recipe I tried last week: this salisbury steak recipe was good, just needed more sauce for the pasta, 30 minute chicken I love my deep covered baker! and I use the left-over chicken to make this quick and healthy Chicken Tortellini Soup.

In the craft basket: Making Christmas hair bows for Hannah

Looking forward to: spending time with my sister and new nephew!

Homemaking tip for the week: schedule your housework into a routine. Breaking the work up into a few chores a day has really helped me

Favorite blog post of the week (mine or others): didn't have a chance to read all the blogs that I like to because of the busy week, but I still have several favorites.

Favorite Photo from last week: how could it be anything but sweet Ethan Edward?! Born 11/10/09.

Lesson I've learned in the past few days: Be careful what you say, there is always a little one listening. Not that I've said anything vulgar...but I've heard Hannah repeat phases that I must be saying too much.

On my prayer list: Praying for wisdom, church friends, Beth & Adam as they adjust to life with their new baby, continued protection from illness, The Operation Christmas Child ministry

Devotionals, Scripture Readings, Key Verses: "His pleasure is not in the strength of the horse, nor his delight in the legs of a man; the Lord delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love." Psalm 147:10,11

3 comments:

annies home said...

we both were thinking of coffee for our simple pleasure
shopannies@Yahoo.com

Mandi said...

You are too kind to mention my post... ;)
I really like this Monday thing you do - how did you find it?! And, how could I jump on board?!

Joshua + Katie said...

Thanks for the shout-out Becky! We love you guys so much! Glad you are enjoying the blog :)