Monday, November 2, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods: Sunnyfall day

One of my simple pleasures:chocolate

On my bedside table: haven't been too good about reading these days

On my TV: The World Series

On the menu for tonight: What's on the menu or what we really ate? Menu said Parmesan chicken and potatoes...I guess we'll have that tomorrow. I had a surprise in my evening so we ended up eating hot dogs that Rachel sent home with us on Saturday I topped them off with some chili..thanks Rachel!

On my to do list: sweep and mop, thank you notes, pampered chef stuff

New Recipe I tried last week: pumpkin cookies (delish!) and weeknight cheese quiche...also delish...Hannah loved it too!

In the craft basket: knitting and maybe a scrapbook page or two..excited to use the new scrapbook paper I got with my bday money today :)

Looking forward to: still so looking forward to being an aunt...any day now!

Homemaking Tip for this week: Do the yucky jobs first and reward yourself with the ones you enjoy later

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): The High Calling of Homemaking: A great reminder of why I do what I do...my home is a blessing from the Lord!

Favorite photo from last week: love, love, love this fall pic of my favorite baby girl

Lesson learned the past few days: the importance of looking at the positive side

On my Prayer List: my sister, brother Tim with finals coming up, praying that I will use the time that God has given me for his glory.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
"Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord and shun evil." Prov. 3:7
To read about other happy homemakers head over to Diary of a Stay at Home Mom

No comments: