Monday, October 5, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods: Perfect fall day. Cool, breezy, the sun comes and goes

One of my simple pleasures: reading stories with my baby girl

On my bedside table: Still Love & Respect

On my TV: tv is off

On the menu for tonight: Chili...one of those great recipes from my mom..think of her every time I make it :)

On my To Do List: menu (check), go to Aldi (check), clean bathroom (check), load and run dishwasher (is this one always on the list?!, check) wash and fold diapers (in process), dinner in the crockpot (check), missions committee meeting

New Recipe I tried last week: spicy turkey crockpot lasagna (I liked it, Seth didn't care for it...bummer), Chicken Pasta Primavera (everyone loved this one!)

In the craft basket: Finally just started Hannahs scrapbook...hopefully it will get easier the more I do...I've really enjoyed doing the first few pages though :)

Looking forward to: going to the apple orchard...hopefully we'll get to go soon, the last few times we've got rained out.

Homemaking Tip for this week: involve your little ones in the housework. Hannah is only 19 mo. old, but already has her little jobs. She picks up our cats chunks of fur and puts them in the trash, she just started hanging her coat up on a hook yesterday, and she LOVES to help with laundry!

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): Pursue God Not Stuff from Ecc. 5 over at Women Living Well (such a great blog to read)

Favorite photo from last week: Oh my! How do I even choose. My friend Trenda from six little feet took Hannah's 18 month pictures last week...there were so many wonderful ones! Here's just one that I LOVE!
Lesson learned the past few days: We are so, so, so blessed to be able to minister to the people of our church. They are such kind, gracious, loving, generous, people...that we love serving alongside!

On my Prayer List:My sister...feeling a little better, expecting baby in just a few weeks. Hannah's little friend Joshua to feel better quick, my parents and their close friends that are going through a hard time right now.

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
loving this verse that I read last week!
Psalm 86:11
"Teach me your way, O Lord, and I will walk in your truth, give me an undivided heart that I may fear your name."

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I can't see any of your text on the blog, just the pictures. I actually had to highlight the whole page so I could see where to comment LOL

Great list, thank you for sharing :)

Jodi said...

Adorable photo!

becky said...

It was doing the same thing to me earlier..I'm hoping it was just a problem with blogger. I just viewed my blog and it took a minute...but everything came up.