Here it is:
Pumpkin Bars (Pumpkin Cake)
2 c. sugar
1 c. oil
2 c. pumpkin
MIX WELL
4 eggs- add one at a time and blend
add:
2c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
Put in sprayed 9x13 pan.
Bake at 350 for 25-30 min. (I usually have to bake it for a while longer, but maybe your oven is different than mine)
Best with Martha's cream cheese frosting:
6 oz. cream cheese (softened)
2 sticks margarine (softened)
1 box powdered sugar (1 pound)
1 c. walnuts, chopped (optional)
Mix cream cheese, margarine, and sugar well.
May add water or milk for better spreading. Frost and top with walnuts
For more great pumpkin recipes visit Stop and Smell the Chocolate or The Finer Things in Life


3 comments:
Oh my goodness, those sound delicious! Now I know I will be taking a peek at your recipe book. YUM!
Just wish that I had some of your organizational skills...my recipes are kinda all over the place. I do have a nicely organzied recipe book that you are welcome to look at anytime...but I also have 2 recipe boxes (that need to be condensed to one) and recipes on my hard-drive. :)
ha ha...you should see my recipe box...its rather embarassing :-) I will show you the "scrapping" recipe books that I have...I think I bought 5 of them on clearance at some point in time...you are welcome to have one...I think I might make it my goal for the new year :-)
Post a Comment