Friday, October 2, 2009

Free Fun Friday: Discovery Bottles

Over the past few weeks Hannah and I have been making fun discovery bottles. I save a variety of different sized clear plastic bottles...knowing that we might be able to use them for something. My favorites are water bottles & spice bottles. Here are some ideas for making 4 different discovery bottles with your little one:
  • Fill a bottle with equal amounts of water and oil, then add food coloring. Mix it up them watch it separate. (Did I mention to glue that top on?! or at least tape it up good with some packing tape)
  • Add dish soap and food coloring to a bottle filled with water (see picture below)
  • Add glitter and food coloring to another bottle filled with water
  • Add food coloring with some small plastic animals that float and sink to a bottle filled with water.

(I let Hannah choose the color...but it looks too much like a sample...the next day I added a little bit of red food coloring, now the bubble bottle is orange :))

For more free & fun ideas head over to Run the Earth, Watch the Sky

1 comment:

Kristi_runwatch said...

What a great idea!! LB would love this - I think I'll be making some of our own! :)