Wednesday, March 31, 2010

My First Bible Verse

One of my favorite parts of parenting is watching Hannah learn about God and his Word. It's neat to see her develop a love for his people, his creation, and His Word. She loves reading Bible stories, singing songs about the Lord, going to church and Bible study....we hope and pray that this continues through her whole life!

After listening to Hannah recite lines from her favorite tv shows and sing songs perfectly, I knew that it was time to help her start memorizing God's Word. We started working on a verse a month back in February....but Hannah's first verse ended up taking two months. I think that she knew it a lot sooner than she actually said it...but it sure was a joy to hear her recite God's word for the first time!

We started with 1 John 4:19. Here's a cute video of her trying to get it right for the camera...it's sure to make you giggle..and I do apologize for her that she's talking with food in her mouth...we haven't quite mastered that yet.

I was glad to catch her reciting her verse perfectly on camera today. :)

1 comment:

Joshua + Katie said...

The second video especially melted my heart!! You're such an awesome mom Becky :)