Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Mom's Spanish Rice

Need a quick/easy dinner tonight?
We are having Mom's spanish rice! It cooks up so fast and is so yummy.
This recipe is from my mother in law (I hope it's okay that I share it!) and I think is originally Grans recipe. I needed to type it up to share with my sister, but thought I should share it with any of you that might be interested too :)

1 pound ground beef
1 28 oz can Deifratelli seasoned diced tomatoes (sorry...it has to be Deifratelli...I just watch for them to go on sale)
1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
1 c. minute rice

Brown ground beef (I've made it with ground turkey before, but my husband would much rather ground beef, so tonight...it's ground beef). Add seasoned salt as bronwing and drain. Add 1 can (28oz) diced tomatoes , 1 can tomato sauce. After it boils, remove from heat and add 1c. minute rice, uncooked. Stir the rice into the mixture- over for about 5 minutes or until tender. Enjoy!

No comments: