Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Happy 2nd Birthday Hannah Grace!

Today we celebrate the 2nd birthday of sweet Hannah Grace! Two years ago today...my life changed for the better and I became a Mom. Hannah brings so much joy, excitement and energy to our lives. It's been amazing to see how at such a young age she is already touching the lives of others. Hannah loves people. I hope and pray that God will use this gift for his honor and glory. It's neat to see her already ministering to the lives of others.

It's been fun to celebrate her birthday with her today. We sang to her this morning and after breakfast Hannah and I were off to MOPS. We both love going. Today was bring a friend day at MOPS...so there were double the number of friends to play with. She had fun playing with her friends and reading stories. I heard that she read "The Monster at the End of the Book" 3 times! She loved it so much, that they sent it home for her to borrow. I remember reading this book when I was little, it kinda took me back. (Hey mom...do you still have that book somewhere?!)

We have been helping Hannah practice how to say that she's two...and she's got it down pat! She struggled holding up two fingers on one hand, so my friend Trenda gave me the idea to have her just hold up both of her pointer fingers...she loves saying that she's two! Actually, when you ask her hold old she is...she holds up both of her fingers and says "I be two!!"

I still can't believe it...is it really possible?!

my baby is growing up so fast...just another reminder to cherish every moment of every day!

Here are some fun facts about my little two year old:
  • she still only weighs 23lbs..she's our little peanut
  • she loves Seasame Street! Right now..she's into saying "Guess what?! It's Seasame Street time!"
  • She loves to dance. She loves to dance to Veggie Tales (I listen to the cd probably on average 5 times a day) and to dance like a ballerina.
  • She loves books, puzzles, playdough, bubbles, coloring, etc.
  • She loves to pretend play. She enjoyed bringing animals to life by making them talk...but many times it's Mommy or Daddy making them talk to her ;)
  • Hannah loves to sing. She is finally starting to sing songs on her own now (for awhile she just wanted to hear us sing them to her). Some of the songs that she loves to sing are: "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star", "Rock A Bye Baby", "Jesus Loves the Little Children", and Ring Around the Rosie".
  • She's a little chatter box..I really don't think there is anything that she can't say.
  • Hannah is a great eater...she eats pretty much everything...especially if she has ranch dressing or ketchup to dip it in!
  • Some cute things she says: tights= "big socks", waffles= "affles", "you crazy", when she toots she says "hear my toot?!" (we're working on the excuse me part :)
  • She loves "sports" (as much as a two year old can). She seems very athletic already. She loves to kick the soccer ball, and hike the football, and march with her "flute" (my husband would not appreciate me including that in the sports category :)).
  • She loves her Daddy and without a doubt is a daddy's girl!
  • She loves grapes, yogurt, applesauce, pretzles and pizza!
  • Hannah is a very polite little girl..always saying please, thank you, excuse me

I could go on and on...if you made it this far..thanks for reading! :)

Happy Birthday to our sweet Hannah Grace!!!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday sweet Hannah! You certainly are a blessing to us and we are praising God (especially today) that you are in our life! We love you SOOOOO MUCH!!!!