Monday, February 22, 2010

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods: It's a snowy day. All the schools were called off in our area. I'm thankful for no place to go and the chance to play in the snow with my little girl.

One of my simple pleasures: snowflakes falling

On my bedside table: "The Power of a Praying Wife" and "The Duggars: 20 and Counting"

On my TV: This evening it will be the Olympics

On the menu for tonight: Spud Special Soup and bread machine garlic bread

On my To Do List: laundry, clean freezer, clean bathroom

New Recipes I tried last week: macaroni taco bake, tomato and spinach pasta toss, ranch pork chops, and homemade pizza dough.
In the craft basket: Hannah's birthday party invites...gotta finish them today!

Looking forward to: studying the books of John with my BSF class. I enjoyed going for the first time last week...what a great Bible study it's going to be! :)

Homemaking Tip for this week: From Real Simple magazine: always buy white towels. They look spa like and clean up easy because you can bleach them. I don't know that I can give up my color...but it does seem like a good idea :)

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): Forms of art: Whether you are a wife, mother, friend...you are an artist

Favorite photo from last week: Sushi with Elizabeth and Kimberly on their mid winter break

Lessons learned the past few days: Was reminded at the ladies retreat to watch portion sizes and make sure that the calories that I'm taking in are good calories.
On my Prayer List: family, continued health, church family, teens, mops moms

Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses: John 15:21 "Whoever has my commandments and keeps them, he it is who loves me. And he who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I will love him and manifest myself in him."

2 comments:

Jen said...

We are just starting to get more snow here in NY. Enjoy your time with your daughter. Have a great week.

Mary said...

Both of those books you are reading, I love! I have read them both. The Duggar book was fun to read.

Happy Homemaker Monday!