Monday, February 8, 2010

mops and family relationships

Last week, we had another great mops meeting. I'm behind in my blogging, but have been wanting to share these verses. We talked about family relationships and were able to encourage one another with things that have worked for us and got to know each other better by sharing a little about our own family dynamics. We read these verses that speak well to our family relationships:
"The wise woman builds her house, but with her hands the foolish one tears hers down." Prov. 14:1

"Bear wtih each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you." Col. 3:13

"In your anger do not sin: Do not let the sun go down while you are still angry." Eph. 4:26

"Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." James 1:19

"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger." Prov. 15:1

"Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but on humility consider others better than yourselves." Phil. 2:3

"Carry each other's heavy loads. If you do, you will give the law of Christ its full meaning." Gal. 6:2

I'm blessed to have wonderful family...but will be writing these verses in my prayer journal...they will be great reminders I know!
We also had a great time making a wire word craft together. I was so excited about mine that I had to take a picture to share with you :)




I went to pick up Hannah from moppets and she had a hand made Valentine for me that made me melt. What an encouraging/blessed morning I had!

No comments: