Thursday, February 25, 2010

Things I Love Thursday: flaxseed

I love flaxseed! My friend Lisa introduced me to it about a year ago. I can't believe all the great health benefits that come from just a little tiny seed! Flax seed is high in omega-3's (the good fats), it's high in fiber, and new studies are even showing that it helps prevent things such as heart disease, diabetes, and even breast cancer...sounds good to me! The thing that I really like about flax seed is I can hide it in just about anything. My husband and daughter don't even know they are getting it. What can I put flaxseed in? Well...we often have it in our pb&j sandwiches, I just made oatmeal cookies today and threw some in, I throw it into mac & cheese, oatmeal, pancakes/waffles, bread, or yogurt. I buy the pre-ground and keep in my fridge.

For more things to love today pay a visit to the diaper diaries

1 comment:

thediaperdiaries said...

They are fantastic aren't they? And you can stick them in anything!!