Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Blessed

Taking a break from sharing our TN vacation to share a little bit about our day today.
In MI, all the teachers went back to school today (the kids start after labor day). Today I am thanking the Lord, that He has allowed for me to be home with my precious little girl. I know that the time goes so fast, and I'm trying to cherish every moment (even in the midst of the hard ones). I'm also continually amazed at how much children learn in their beginning years of life and how their personalities are being formed. Many still ask if I miss teaching, which I do (esp. in the fall), but I am so thankful and glad to be able to be home with Hannah every day. I miss teaching because I loved it, but can't even put a price tag on the precious moments I spend at home with her.
We spent the day today with my friend Rachel and her adorable son Joshua. If you know Hannah at all, you know how much she loves Joshua because she talks about him all the time. They are too cute together! I spent time today reflecting on how God brought Rachel and I together (our paths crossed at a library story time)...and how we each needed a friend at the time. Over the past few months our friendship has grown and we have been able to encourage & uplift oneanother as friends do. Rachel also worked in the schools before Joshua was born, so we were able to talk and share today about what it was like to leave, how we miss it at times, but how wonderful it is to be at home & and how worth it the sacrifices have been.
Thank you Lord for my precious baby, thank you for the the chance to be home with her, and thank you for friendships.
Here are some snapshots from our day (thanks Rachel...I haven't even got my pictures off my camera yet ;o)):

Enjoying a yummy brownie treat

such great friends! :)
"That they may encourage the young women to love their husbands, to love their children, to be sensible, pure, workers at home, kind, being subject to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be dishonored." Titus 2:4-5

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Becky,

Your blog made me cry this morning...I love those joyful tears. Thank you again for a lovely day yesterday and for your friendship. God is so good ... ALL the time!!!
Have a great Wednesday...
love ya
Rachel