I made this recipe for our international dinner at church last night. I'm not real sure if it's an authentic Austrian dish or not...but it was yummy! A few people asked for the recipe...so here it is! It's super easy and is made with ingredients I usually have on hand.
Austrian Pastry
1 yellow cake mix 8 oz. cream cheese (I use lowfat)
3 eggs 1 c. chopped walnuts
1/2 c. butter 1 lb. powdered sugar
Mix by hand the cake mix, 1 egg, and butter. Pat into greased 9x13 pan. Layer with chopped nuts. (I love my food chopper for chopping the walnuts)
Beat cream cheese, 2 eggs, and powdered sugar until creamy. Pour over walnuts.
Bake in a 350 degree oven for 35-40 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Thanks mom for the great recipe! :)
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment