One of my simple pleasures: flannel sheets
On my bedside table: "Organizing Magic" to help with one of my big New Years resolutions
On my TV: off.
On the menu for tonight: Vegetable Lentil Soup (we'll see how this turns out...healthy for sure...hope it tastes as good as it smells)
On my To Do List: Change sheets, grocery store, clip coupons, get ready for pampered chef show tomorrow, fold & put away laundry
In the craft basket: finished one baby hat and working on another
Looking forward to: playing in the snow with Hannah (finally got some snow, went to Target and got some snow boots today)
Homemaking Tip for this week: pick up as you go...saves a lot of work in the long run. I've been trying to work on this...just things like putting the spoon right into the dishwasher instead of in the sink, hang the coats up right away when you get home, make the bed as soon as you get out, etc. It keeps the house looking nice that's for sure!
Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other):Try Again This Year, Open Letter From a Pastors Wife (I'm so thankful for the wonderful friends that I have here...still a great post from the heart of a Pastors wife who is just like you :)), Sitting in the New Year, and this challenge knowing that my daughter is my Homemaking Intern (a must read!)
Favorite photo from last week: My sweet nephew Elias Lee....born Friday 1/8 at 3:25pm.

Lesson learned the past few days: Trusting in the Lord brings peace and joy
On my Prayer List: baby Eli, who was just born and my brother and sister in law as they adjust to life with him, My Dad (today is his birthday!)
Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Philippians 4:6,7
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace that transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."
turn worries into prayers :)


2 comments:
I liked some of the recipes. I'm going to try them. thank you for sharing. Your nephew is cute. Have a wonderful week. The scripture is one that I say over and over...and over. Blessings.
The waffles sound awesome!
adorable baby--we love babies!
Have a super week!
★Linda
Post a Comment