Things that make me happy: My house fully decorated for fall. This is a little earlier than I usually pull out my fall decor...but it's for sure my favorite season to decorate for and I'm glad to have it done before baby's arrival!
Books I'm reading: Haven't had a ton of time for reading...but I'm still working my way through "Her Mother's Hope" and Hannah's favorite book this week is: "Are you my mother?" ..this was a childhood favorite of mine too. Dad and Mom...how many times did YOU read this book?! :)
What's on my tv? Well..my hubby is home, so the tv is actually on. I'm not sure what's on it or that he's even watching it...but it's on.
On the menu for dinner? Well, usually I'm planned for this weeks meals by now..but I haven't done that yet...this whole holiday on a Monday throws me off! I think we'll have somethin' on the grill!
On my to-do list: Again, hubby is home so it's kinda a different day. Today's to do list is all about enjoying time as a family of 3. :)
New Recipe I tried or want to try: I tried two new recipes this week and both neither one of them went over very well: Skillet tacos and pizza roll up burritos- they were okay, but didn't make it to the family favorites list.
In the craft basket: I suppose that I should be working on something for the baby...but have been busy with things around the house lately.
Looking forward to this week: Meeting my baby boy!! I'm due in 7 days and hoping for his arrival any day now!!!! I'm not really looking forward to the labor and delivery part....but sure can't wait to hold him in my arms!
Tips and tricks: make a list!
My favorite blog post this week: I'm so excited that my dear friend Julia has created her own blog. She is a wonderful mom and is very purposeful in her mothering and discipline as you will see if you take the time to read this great post about training our kids!
No words needed (favorite photo or picture yours or others you want to share):
love the friendship these two girls share!
Lesson learned in the past few days: patience. God's timing is not our timing, his ways and his plans are best!
On my mind: obviously thinking about and preparing myself for the whole labor/delivery/mom of two thing that is coming my way very soon. Giving my fears to the Lord and looking forward to the wonderful gift He is about to give our family.
Devotional, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Isaiah 41:13 "For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you."



No comments:
Post a Comment