Friday, June 11, 2010

Playing with Milan ALL day!

On Monday, I had jury duty. The Lord worked it out to be a day of blessings. On Sunday at church, I asked Jack where a safe place to park downtown would be...he insisted on taking me. What a blessing! I didn't have to worry about driving in rush hour traffic, I didn't have to find my way there, or find parking, or find the court house. He picked me up and drove me to the front door.
The other blessing was my friend Julia's willingness to watch Hannah while I was away. I didn't worry about Hannah one bit...I knew that she was in great hands and was having a ball. Sure enough when I went to pick her up at the end of the day...she didn't want to go home. Thanks Julia for giving of your time and energies to take care of another toddler!
Here are some of the pictures that Julia sent me of Milan and Hannah's adventures:
I didn't know if they would keep me or dismiss me from jury duty because of my pregnancy. I ended up getting sent to the juvenile court and was one of 24 other possible jurors assigned to a case there. We heard the beginnings of that case and the questioning began. I was the second one called into the jury box. After the first round of questions, 3 were exempt, but I was still remained. I thought that meant I was there for good....especially after two more rounds of bringing in new people, questioning and dismissing them, and all of us from the earlier rounds were still seated. Finally at the very end of the third round of questioning (it's now about 3:30pm) the last attorney dismissed me. I think that she was saving her no-cause exemption for me. It was a child abuse case and I'm sure she didn't want a protective, emotional, pregnant mother on the jury. I was fine with that. By this point, I had adjusted my attitude about being there; and was willing to serve, but was sure glad to go home and get to spend the rest of the week with my little one. What an interesting day!

No comments: