Monday, August 3, 2009

Happy Homemaker Monday

The weather in my neck of the woods: Breezy day...perfect for hanging clothes on the line.

One of my simple pleasures: sharing sptreats like a cold Popsicle with Hannah and watching her just love them.

On my bedside table: haven't had much time for reading these days...

On my TV: Hannah is watching her Baby Praise dvd right now..she gets to watch one movie...and I get to take a short break to blog :)

On the menu for tonight: leftovers because who knows when hubby will be home from his elders meeting :)

On my To Do List: laundry (monday's are laundry day), unpack from the weekend, menu and grocery

New Recipe I tried last week: Sloppy Joes. I don't think that I have ever made sloppy joes without an envelope of seasoning or a can of aldi sauce. This recipe was cheaper...and tasted tons better...Seth said that they were the best sloppy joes he's ever had...yeah!! :) This recipe was good for us because it's only a 1/2# of meat...so we didn't have to eat leftover sloppy joes forever. For more people just double the recipe.

In the craft basket: no crafts going on right now...still working on recovering from last week :)

Homemaking Tip for this week: an inexpensive replacement for fabric softener is white vinegar. I started using it for my cloth diapers...and thought I would try it for the rest of my laundry too and it works great! Doesn't leave your clothes smelling like vinegar, and works the same great magic as fabric softener.

Favorite Blog Post of the week (mine or other): Did have any time for blog reading last week


Favorite photo from last week: It's been a while since we've all been together. I love this photo..because I love all the people in it! Such a great weekend with our family!

Lesson learned the past few days: Take time to rest..it is much needed


Prayer List: Jonathan...he left for Kuwait today, the team from our church that is serving at Kentucky Mountain Mission this week, friends who are church planting in Youngstown, OH


Devotionals, Scripture Reading, Key Verses:
Philippians 2:3 "Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves."
Do I serve faithfully, quietly, and selflessly, seeking nothing for myself, desiring no recognition, glory or notice?
Such a good reminder today. :)


Thanks to Sandra for hosting Happy Homemaker Mondays

3 comments:

Michele said...

We use to hang clothes out side when I was younger, I hated it, but now I would love to. Remember the fresh outside smell of the clothes, but being a teen I just didnt want to do it lol

Anonymous said...

Popsicles are such a favorite summer treat!

Sandra said...

I love hanging clothes out to dry :)