Thursday, December 1, 2011

Advent Activities for you and your little one

I typed up a list of advent activities to share with my Cubbie parents.  I thought that since I had already done that work that I would share it here too.  Maybe someone who reads my blog will also enjoy these advent activities   

These will help to make this Christmas season more meaningful for you and your child as you focus on the birth of our Savior.  

The names of Jesus Advent Chain:  
Talk about the different names of Jesus each day and make this beautiful advent chain.  Includes free printables

Make a Christmas Countdown Chain:
Includes a free printable with a verse and activity to do with your child each day leading up to Christmas.  I did this with Hannah last year and she loved it.  

Advent Activity Calendar
An activity/scripture for each day of advent and Christmas day
Make a Jesse Tree
Free printables for an ornament to make each day

The Truth in the Tinsel:  An Advent Experience for Little Hands:  
http://truthinthetinsel.com/
This is an ebook that does cost $4.99.  Includes a printable for each day of advent to put in your advent calendar.  Each day gives your child a clue of what to listen for in the scripture reading and you will make an ornament together to go with the daily scripture reading.  
**This is what I will be doing with Hannah and Isaac this year.  I'm so excited to get started today!  We are also reading through the Christmas story each night during our family devotion time with Daddy as we light the candles in our advent wreath (maybe a future post if I get time).  

What do you do to make your Christmas season more meaningful?

No comments: