Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Favorite Summer Recipes
















My friend Teri shared this recipe with me last summer. It's healthy, delicous, and inexpensive to make...hope that you enjoy it too!


Summer Bowtie Pasta & Chicken

2 boneless chicken breasts

bowtie pasta (approx. 1/2 a box)

1 head of broccoli

1 pkg. good seasoning "garlic & herb" dressing mix, prepare as directed on the package

ground red pepper & parmesan cheese to taste


Prepare dressing according to package. Cut chicken into small pieces- cook in skillet with a little of the dressing until no longer pink. Sprinkle with red pepper to you liking. Meanwhile, cook bowtie pasta as usual. Cut broccoli into small pices. Add broccoli to bowtie pasta water during last few minutes of boiling (just to barely cook the broccoli; don't overcook). Drain broccoli & pasta. Add to skillet. Add the rest of the dressing & heat. Sprinkle with parmesan and enjoy.


I had too many favorite summer recipes to choose from...so I thought I would also share a favorite drink and dessert...and of course they are both pampered chef recipes. For yummy summer drink go here, and for a delcious summer desser that is perfect of the Fourth of July go here. I try to keep new recipes posted for the season on my website, check it out :).


For more summer recipes head on over to We are that Family.

No comments: